Any help is appreciated. I have following questions:
1. Is there any limitation of number of entries in the following xml configuration nodes:
2. Can SharePoint Connector take a config file via http protocol instead of a local file?
Not sure. Haven't tired
3. Is a connector config file read once at program start only or is it re-read during crawl progress? In other words, is it safe to update config file while connector is running and changes will not be applied until next connector run?
It's read only once per every run and its when the connector is initiated.
4. How to calculate required retention period for SharePoint Change Log:
Assuming a full crawl takes 20 days and incremental crawl takes 7 days and there is one day gap between full crawl finished and incremental crawl started, and next incremental crawl started the next day the previous one finished.
Is the minimal required retention period for the described scenario 20+1+7+1 = 29 days?
Cannot comment without knowing the environment.
5. In the above scenario, what happens if an incremental crawl is interrupted and must start over again, so it cannot be finished before change log expires? Will the full crawl be necessary?
I believe, the incremental crawl status is active only for 15 days from the last run. And when a incremental crawl is interrupted and started again it should pick it up from where it was stopped provided you start it within the 15 days.
My opinions are inline!!
..A story with Glory is History.
Doesn’t matter whether Glory rest in the world of Demon or God.
Lets create History..